12.20.2005

What a Day!

I'm about to collapse soon but I really gotta blog today cause I thought that today was quite fun. :)

To start off, I went to this mall in the morning. You see, if I'm sleepy, I become an impulse buyer. So I walked into Adidas and saw this nice white jacket with red stripes. Haha I tried it on and quickly bought it. I mean, it's not that I need a jacket...it's not that I don't have a jacket...but I just had to buy it. I'm starting to think that maybe I am a shoppaholic and I need some rehabilitation. Well come to think of it, I didn't regret getting it so I guess it's not such a bad case of impulse buying.

After that, I went for my second driving lessons. I was taught how to drive in uphills and downhills. I was also taught how to do a U-turn, 2-point turn, 3-point turn, park (the normal way), get out of the parking space, and of course parallel park. I passed everything according to his evaluation...but he had one comment...I had to learn how to drive more safely...I think he meant I was too aggressive. What?! Ok fine...I admit I was a bit impatient. But hey, I'm still alive and the car didn't have a single mark on it.

Anyway, after that, I went for our annual office party. It was hilarious! It was the usual party- games, food, performances, speeches, lucky draw...but the games were hilarious. The first one was...I dunno what it was called...but basically, a couple from each division of the office would come up on stage. Each couple will be given a set of stickers and they are supposed to stick it on the part of the body that starts with P or T (guy sticks on girl and girl sticks on guy). At the end of 15 seconds, the pair with the most stickers stuck on the various body parts will win. So the usual...people stuck it on the palm, thighs, puwit (which is butt in Tagalog), toes, etc. What amazed me was this pair who was really creative! One part they mentioned was the private part. Whoa.

So we had dinner and all...dinner wasn't fantastic but it was followed by another silly game. The game was evolved from musical chairs. But this one doesnt involve chairs. Basically, the men will form a circle facing outwards. They all have plastic bottles in between their thighs. The ladies will have to dance around the guys in a circle and when the music stops, they've got to grab the bottle. The person who doesn't have a bottle to grab will be thrown out of the game. So the number of people reduces until there is only one guy left with two girls going for the bottle. Haha...it was just hilarious! You should've seen the last guy's face. He was so scared I think he broke into cold sweat!

And yes, I mentioned that dinner wasn't fantastic. We didn't even have dessert. So I had to run to the neighboring restaurant to buy dessert. While waiting for my dessert to come, I had to go to the toilet (they only had one cubicle by the way, so both guys and girls use the same one). It was locked. Suddenly, this hot Filipino superstar came out topless. I'm not kidding! I said he was hot cause everyone thinks he's hot but I don't really think so. Anyway, he is Piolo Pascual... this commercial model/TV host/actor who's supposed to really rock your socks off but err..nah. Apparently he's got some event at the same area that night and he's using my dessert restaurant as his changing room. I gotta admit he's quite nice though. Not at all the I'm-so-hot-so-get-out-of-my-way. He was very apologetic when we saw me. Oh and did I mention he was quite...dense? He locked the toilet door on his way out. Bah.

This was followed by the part where each division of the office will come up with a certain presentation to entertain us. My parents were supposed to be judges but they passed the authority to me. Hihihi. It was a good show though. Since the theme of the party was 70's, a lot of them brought back the "in" thing during that time...We had people imitating Michael Jackson's big hair and also John Travolta's dance moves. We had a good laugh! But I would say, my favorite performance was my brother's. For the first time, he sang! I thought he was really cute. Oh, I forgot to mention, he played the guitar too.

I guess what really made my day was my SAT score! I mean...it's not all that fantastic but it's higher than I expected. :) Guess now, I have no excuse not to apply to the States...

Ok, gotta crash now...more driving tomorrow!

No comments: